[THIN] Re: TsCal per device

  • From: Rick Mack <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:15:36 +1000

Hi David,

Kind of though the granularity isn't as good as when you set rules on a
per-user basis.

What you do is to add an additional rule "IP Range" to your load evaluators.
This lets you disable access to a published application according to the IP
address range or IP address of the client. Provided you know the IP address
of the "banned" device you can stop it from logging on to your farm. Of
course this assumes that the user on the device isn't an administrator and
that you only allow access to published applications.

We sued to do this before the IP range stuff was available by simply having
an addition to the logon script along the lines of:

if %clientname% == banned_device then goto logoff

:logoff
msg %username% This is a restricted farm and you have been denied access
logoff

It's really a whole lot easier to ban users.

regards,

Rick

--
Ulrich Mack