[THIN] Re: Third Party Print Drivers being re-installed

Would be great if you could send the hacked inf file.

Also, does anyone know what GPO setting needs to be set.  I cant find it..

Thanks
Ang

> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:09:00 -0500
> Subject: [THIN] Re: Third Party Print Drivers being re-installed
> From: strangedog@xxxxxxxxx
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> It.s usually those pesky administrators.  I hack inf file for printers
> leaving only Generic/text only and this both prevents 'native' driver
> install and errors for a locked or missing inf file.  If there is
> interest I can upload my hacked file when I hit the office.
>
> Pat Coughlin
> Citrix Goon
>
> On 2/16/10, Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > set a GPO to not allow users to install printer drivers, that will stop it
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Angela Smith
> > <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Im having a weird issue where HP Print Drivers are being re-installed on
> >> all Citrix Servers.  We used to use HP Drivers for Printing but now use
> >> Citrix Universal Driver only.  I manually removed the HP Drivers but they
> >> are constantly being re-installed.  Servers are running Windows 2003 with
> >> Citrix Presentation Server 4.5.  I have done the following:
> >>
> >> 1) Using Citrix Policies have set
> >>     Native Printer Driver Auto-install
> >>     Enabled
> >>     Do not automatically install drivers
> >>
> >>     Universal Driver
> >>     Enabled
> >>     Use Universal Driver Only
> >>
> >> 2) In Terminal Services Configuration
> >>     RDP
> >>     Disabled Windows Printer Mapping, LPT Port Mapping, COM Port Mapping
> >>
> >> 3) Disabled Driver replication
> >>
> >> Are there other settings that I need to set to prevent drivers being
> >> re-installed?  I only want to use Universal Driver for all Printing..
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Angela
> http://www.freelists.org/list/thin
> Follow ThinList on Twitter
> http://twitter.com/thinlist
> Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
> Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> http://thinlist.net/mobile

Looking for a place to rent, share or buy? Find your next place with ninemsn
Property
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/