[THIN] Re: Thinclient devices and printers

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:16:34 -0000

We've written a small app that creates connections to network printers
(using the con2prt utility) at login. We have full lists of users and
machine names in an SQL Server database, which we query to find the relevant
queue names. It's a little complex but avoids endless tweaking of login
scripts and has served us well since day 1 of our rollout.