[THIN] Re: Thin client devices

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:51:12 -0500

Wyse makes the units for Compaq so there is really no difference between =
them.  I don't care for the Wyse units myself, I have had problems in =
the past.

IBM thin clients are made by Neoware.  Thinstar and Boundless were both =
recently acquired by Neoware and their product lines absorbed into the =
Neoware line.

It depends what you want out of a terminal.  If you just want an ICA or =
RDP connection and nothing else, then the Neoware EON might be good for =
you.  I use the Neoware here.  They are basic, cheap, and easy to manage =
which is all I need.  You may need something different.

If you need something more robust that will give you more power over the =
flash and its management, then you may want to look at something like =
the Netx terminals.  They are nice and can do it all but cost more.

Greg