[THIN] Re: The slowest Start button on the planet - guaranteed

  • From: "Jay Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:53:20 -0500

Are you redirecting the Start Menu or Programs folder?  I had a problem on
Win2k where an incorrect value in the User Shell Folders key for the Start
Menu was causing the start menu to not display when it was clicked.

Another similar problem I ran into was after I had migrated a profile that
was created on a NT4 TS to a W2k TS.  If I then logged in to a NT4 TS it
would take forever to the start menu to respond.  However, since you already
tried a fresh profile that probably isn't your issue.