[THIN] Re: Terminal Server License question - Domain function level impact

  • From: Adam Thompson <adwulf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 04:26:38 +0000

2009/2/5 Chris Strug <chrisstrug@xxxxxxxxx>:

> In short, can we issue Server 2003 TSCALs from a domain with a functional
> level of Windows 2000 Native or would be have to deploy a 2003 DC and
> upgrade it to 2003 interim DFL first?

I think you only need to worry about the domain and forest functional
levels if you are deploying domain controllers and that case you'll be
needing to prep the domains and forest first.

You can quite happily have Win2003 member servers in a Win2000
functional level domain.

--
AdamT
"Mac users are THE worst advertisement for their Operating System."