[THIN] Re: Temporary Internet Files

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

Try these:

REM *** Disable Recycle Bin
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket]
"NukeOnDelete"=dword:00000001

REM *** Set Temporary Internet Files Persistence and Size Limit
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache]
"Persistent"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\path1]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00006400

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\path2]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00006400

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\path3]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00006400

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache\Paths\path4]
"CacheLimit"=dword:00006400

--- Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Anyone heard of this:
>
> "An issue that needs to be resolved is the size of the temporary internet
> files on Metaframe servers. Right now, it defaults to 10% of the drive size
> (per user)!!  This could be 310mb per user.  The problem is that this value
> can't be set in the "normal" GPOs. Microsoft states that it can be done
> with GP in "preferred" mode."
>
> Does IE create a 10% temp folder for each user?  If so, how do I scale it
> back on a W2K SP3 FR2 system running IE 5.5 SP1?
>
> adam

> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."