[THIN] Re: Tarantella anyone?

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:16:29 +1000

Hi Ron,

You'll be dealing with terminal services regardless. The only thing
Tarantella will save you is per user licensing costs, hardware
requirements will stay the same.

If using something like threadmaster, Armtech, etc doesn't help the
scalability, then it'd be worth your while to try and find out what the
application does. Sysinternals filemon, regmon and ethereal for network
traffic tracing will get you pretty close to understanding what the app
is doing.

As an example, one of my customers had an absolutely awful Java
application that settled down brilliantly once we unpacked it's Java
archive and cached it locally.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack