[THIN] Re: TSCALE or Appsense

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 09:13:09 +1100

I heard they are very expensive. From an install/configuration/reliability perspective are both products on par with each other?

From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: TSCALE or Appsense
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:09:17 -0500

We use appsense.  Appears to do exactly what you want and works well.
You can tune memory usage so it swaps real memory usage into the page
file when say a user is idle or session is minimized. However you need
to beat them down on price.  They are very expensive....There phone
support is excellent and the support guys know the product better than
there pre sales guys.  I would say don't be fooled by them saying there
product is x much because it helps you to cram on more users to a box.
Most of the time it's cheaper to buy another piece of tin rather than
buy licenses for your entire estate.

Malcolm