[THIN] TS licensing and event IDs 1003 and 1004

  • From: "Tim Bishop" <Tim.Bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:29:21 +1100

Guys,

Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions for the following situation, a=
s I'm banging my head against the wall on this.

We have a Win2k TS server in a DMZ that is a member of our AD domain.  It h=
as an event log full of 1003, 1004 and 1010 errors and will not let anyone =
connect to it via TS even if they have a valid TSCAL (apart from admins of =
course).

I've followed MS's suggestions from KB 239107 even adding into the local ho=
sts file on the TS server the name and IP address of the domain controller.

I can ping the DC as well as get a response from nbtstat -a from the ts ser=
ver to the dc and vice versa so NETBIOS / TCP comms appears to be working O=
K.

Any suggestions people as this one is killing me.

(Oh I've also tried deleting the local CAL on the client with no luck too)

thanks

Tim

This e-mail was checked by the e-Sweeper Service.
For more information visit our website, Baltimore Technologies e-Sweeper :
http:// www.mimesweeper.baltimore.com/products/esweeper/