[THIN] Re: TS Licensing - Again!

  • From: bbeckett2000@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:36:38 +0000

How many TS CAL's have you purchased and installed on the license server?
Licensing is always a fun topic but now I'm confused. I didn't think there was
a freebie TS CAL but a freebie Windows CAL. In other words, a 2000 client can
connect to a 2000 server, no problem, that's a freebie. However, connecting to
a Terminal Server is another license needed. Someone correct me if wrong.
Therefore, you not only need the Citrix licenses, which you apparently have but
also a Windows license (unless 2K client) AND a TS license. Feel free to jump
in, anyone.