[THIN] Re: [THIN}Who is going to Citrix Synergy?

  • From: "Barry Flanagan" <barry.flanagan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:07:46 -0400

Jim,

You could do a whiteboard session about your rollout at the library and
how it has evolved over the years. I know there are many other libraries
and city governments that use our software and thin clients that could
benefit from your experience.

Or you could talk about your specific experiences with other software or
hardware in your deployment. I know you don't pull punches, so it should
be entertaining.

I hope other people do sign up as well. I think this is a great way to
provide a wider variety of technical content that can help you in the
real world. Some of my co-workers do not believe I will be able to get
anyone to sign up for this at all. I know there is a ton of
knowledgeable and experience people that use this list. I still remember
swapping emails with you and others back in 1998 on kixtart scripts when
I was a consultant before coming to citrix. I hope some of you will take
the time to share all that knowledge and experience with the rest of us.

I forgot to mention earlier there will be pizza and drinks at the
GeekSpeak BarCamp.  There will also be a gadget lounge with a bunch of
cool new tech gadgets for you to try out and play with during the event.
Another team is trying to setup  a few pc 's with video games using
Project Apollo so you can get a feel for how that will work.

If you have a session idea or want to ask question about GeekSpeak, send
me an email.

Barry

<barry.flanagan@xxxxxxxxxx>

>wrote:

>  Jim,

> I hope to see you at Synergy.

> One of the things we are doing this year that is different is putting

> together an event where any attendee can signup to speak for technical

> sessions on the second night. I am putting this part of the show
together.

> As much as possible I am following the format of a technical barcamp
(see

> barcamp.org). Starting at 6:30 on the second night (after GeekSpeak
Live

> ends) the GeekSpeak BarCamp will begin. I will be posting a schedule
later

> today on the Citrix blog.. I expect to have 20 total  speaking blocks

> available. You can sign up to speak about any technical topic, just no

> marketing, product overviews, or features and benefits. We will have
four

> sections of the GeekSpeak room in the convention center, and five 30
minute

> speaking slots for each. Two of the areas will have big LCD screens,
and two

> will have just white boards.

> Here are two recent blog posts I wrote about this to give you
background -

http://community.citrix.com/blogs/citrite/barryf/2008/04/08/Mini-BarCamp
+at+Geek+Speak

http://community.citrix.com/blogs/citrite/barryf/2008/04/18/More+on+Geek
Speak+at+Synergy

> I am hoping you and many other members of this list who are attending
will

> sign up for to speak at this barcamp. I think this is a great way to
provide

> a wider variety of technical content for the event and make it much
more

> valuable for everyone who attends. But the only way it will work is if
we