[THIN] Re: TERMINALS

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:52:20 -0500

We had a similar experience with Wyse and switched to the Neoware EON =
2000.  It is Linux based and does a great job at providing ICA =
connections.  Their management tools are good and easy to use. They have =
VNC built into the terminals so you can use VNC to connect and configure =
them remotely if need be.  You can use any VNC viewer or connect from =
the management tools.

They have other models that are CE based and you can upgrade from Linux =
to CE or embedded NT if your needs change.

I also found that they make great LPR print servers for any printer you =
attach to them.

We have been using them for almost two years now and have had very few =
problems.  Support has been great the few times we have had an issue.

They will send you a demo unit at no charge.

Hope this helps

Greg