[THIN] Re: Switzerland to Canadian Citrix XP/1.8 server

  • From: "Boatman, Dave" <Dave.Boatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:43:53 +0100

I don't think the 128 Bit encryption law still applies to places such as
Europe.
But to be sure check   - http://www.microsoft.com/exporting/basics.htm
<http://www.microsoft.com/exporting/basics.htm>

You'd need to think about how the user is going to link to the citrix server
- i.e. are they going to dial in via RAS .. connect via the internet -
straight to the server or perhaps via citrix secure gateway ?

Connection over a analogue modem is acceptable - personally I use ISDN
(128Kbps) and don't really see much difference between connecting over ISDN
and connecting over 2Mbit leased lines.

So long as you already have users accessing your servers remotely from
within Canada .. I can't see any reason why you couldn't do this from
Switzerland. Lovely place.. with cows that still have bells around their
necks and trains that arrive within seconds of the expected e.t.a.

Dave Boatman