[THIN] Re: Suggestions for NLB using CSG and Nfuse 1.71

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:42:28 -0600

You can use NLB from MS just fine for the CSG and IIS servers. You may
just need to set affinity on the NLB settings so the users are connected
to the same server.=20

ANYWAY you can also use a hardware solution for this. Something from
altion or f-5/Big IP.
Either will work. I have even seen server iron work for this.

For using a single nfuse site with multiple portals... Sure anything is
possible. It even becomes more than possible if you have some web
background or a good web developer that knows ASP/VBS.

IF you don't you can do what I call NFUSE as a Service. This is where
NFuse is treated as a network service offered to anyone. Some of my
bigger customers have multiple departments with their own portal. The
problem early on was that each dept loaded nfuse and then integrated it
or customized it on their own (of course pointing at one farm).

This happened over a period of about 2 years. Of course now the Citrix
staff has to support way to many versions of nfuse on numerous server.
In walks the idea of NFuse as a Service.

Here we stripped the NFuse pages down to something that fit in almost
everyone's portal. We told the departmental web developers the min size
frame or IFrame we would accept. And gave them a URL they could include
into their portal.=20

NOW the Citrix team controls the load balanced nfuse servers and all the
portals can just use it as a piece of content within the portal.=20

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp