[THIN] Re: Streaming MYOB

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:52:32 +1000

Warren, I will try a few things this end like you said.

Im certain its a config / "not so blank" server that we are publishing on thats
breaking things... :-)

My sincerest thanks once more, as you have indeed been a great help / learning
experience.

Ill keep on with the trial version for now, as it works fine without profiling
it... :-)

Regards

James

> Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:03:54 +1000
> From: caditc@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Re: Streaming MYOB
>
> Hi James
>
> that's unfortunate that our testing still didn't help you. I'm not so sure
> that the demo installer
> would be the problem, but we did use an official CD out of a MYOB box
> product. If you would like
> an FTP site to download this version, please let me know and I can provide it
> via a secure email.
> There's no copyright infringment here becasue the software can be installed
> and distributed
> anywhere - it's the company file that must be activated. Let me know and I'll
> send you the link.
>
> As for the profiling machine, we treat building profiles like we did when
> Citrix Installation
> Manager was the rage many years ago (how old do I feel) - build everything on
> a new image of
> a blank machine. In this MYOB example, we simply built a BLANK Windows 2003
> sp2 machine
> with nothing else on it, to be the profiling machine. We didn't install any
> other program, we
> didn't add it to the domain, etc. All pretty basic. We did install Office
> 2k3/ 2k7 on the profiling
> machine on the second run of tests to try and break it, and we got the
> results as stated. One
> other note is that our profiling machine and our Citrix Server that we
> streamed the package to
> and published, were Xenserver 5.0.0.u3 VM's, but it should make much
> difference. For me, the
> rule is to profile your packages on a clean machine everytime, unless the
> program relies on
> another software package. And when buidling package for a Citrix environment,
> only install the
> operating system you are using + sp's +hotfixes. Don't install Citrix, Don't
> add Terminal
> Services, just a vanilla install and that's it.
>
> We had success every time with MYOB like this, except when Office 2k3/2k7
> became part of the
> mix. If you want the FTP link, let me know. I'm happy to help you where I can
> so keep me in
> the loop if you are banging you head against a brivk wall.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Warren Simondson
>
> Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
>
> Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au
>

> On Mon, May 25th, 2009 at 10:54 AM, James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Warren,
> >

> > My sincerest thanks once more for your further input.
> >
> > I was certain this wasnt supposed to be as troublesome as it has been
> > as myob is typically a very easy install.
> >

> > Regardless, im still having issues.
> >

> > We dont have Office 2007 (just 2003 sp3)
> >
> > I have removed the officelink and outlooksync
> >
> > No linked profiles are configured

> [...]

View photos of singles in your area Click Here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fdating%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsearch%2Fsearch%2Easpx%3Fexec%3Dgo%26tp%3Dq%26gc%3D2%26tr%3D1%26lage%3D18%26uage%3D55%26cl%3D14%26sl%3D0%26dist%3D50%26po%3D1%26do%3D2%26trackingid%3D1046138%26r2s%3D1&_t=773166090&_r=Hotmail_Endtext&_m=EXT