[THIN] Re: Streaming MYOB

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:15:34 +1000

Hi James

We have thrashed MYOB Premier 12 with every possible angle with regards to
streaming and we
were only able to break it in three scenarios with the error you are getting:

1. When we enabled OFFICELINK TEMPLATES and OUTLOOK SYNC during the install,
which of
course meant we had office 2007 installed on the profiling machine (some what a
no-no in
profiling but acceptable in some cases).
2. As per the first scenario, but office on the Citrix Server had Office 2007
installed in a different
location to the profiling machine.
3. We built a new profiling machine with nothing on it and profiled MYOB but
linked our Office
2007 profile to the MYOB profile package and included OFFCELINK templates and
OUTLOOK
SYNC.

Every other scenario we ran which removed the officelink templates and outlook
sync from the
installed worked everytime and happily opened the CleaWater Company DB without
issue when
Streamed to a Citrix PS 4.5/ Xenapp 5.0 server.

In all tests, we ran as a basic domain user with no elevated privileges. When
we published the
Streaming App, we even ran it with the "use least privileged user account"
setting on and it
worked well in all cases except for the 3 listed. We also did not enable
offline access (naturally).

We also used Office 2003 and the same errors occured with Officelink templates
and outlook
sync on.

We did a quick install when building the profile with Profiler 1.2, so nothing
special there.

So after all the playing/ testing we did, and it was a fun time for my staff, I
guess I'm saying
that the Office components of MYOB may be the problem in your scenario. Let me
know if any of
this is helpful. In most cases we had MYOB 12 Premier working like a charm with
both the
clearwater DB on another network share and a live company DB.

Cheers

--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

On Thu, May 14th, 2009 at 10:53 AM, James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Warren, I woudl be eternally grateful!!!
>

> Its Windows 2003 Standard SP2
> XenApp 5.0 (4.5 Fp1 or whatever it is) Enterprise
>
> Profiler 1.2
>
> Myob Premier 12
>

> I can get it to profile successfully and to stream it to other
> servers, and launching it with RADERUN or even publishign and running
> so far works fine, however upon trying to get the application to open
> a MYOB database we get "initilisation error" . WHen profiled "relaxed
> security" was used (after full security) to no avail...
>

> Naturally without isolating/profiling the program it works fine.
>
> I am thinking its a simple rule somewhere that i just need to relax
> to allow the program OUT to access its database files. . but not
> quite sure what to set?
>

> Interestingly enough I cant access the 'clearwater' database
> contained within the profile either, still comes up with the same
> message.
>

> Your help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thank you
>

> James
>
> scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:39:34 +1000
> > From: caditc@xxxxxxxxxx
> > To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [THIN] Re: Streaming MYOB
> >
> > Hi James
> >
> > Let me know the environment you are running under (OS etc) and I'll
> get one of my staff to run
> > up a test in our big in-house sand pit. We have many clients that
> run MYOB 12 and we
> > successfully stream it. Just let me know what the environment is
> and I'll be happy to provide our
> > install docs. Unlike those other Aussie integrators, we solve
> things ourselves instead of waiting
> > for Citrix support to solve our problems.
> > --
> > Warren Simondson
> >
> > Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
> >
> > Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au
> >

> > Quoting James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> > > Has anyone had any luck streaming (to server) MYOB Premier
> version
> > > 12?
> > >
> > > We have configured it for streaming and it is crashing / halting
> the
> > > streaming when it gets to the clearwater database file?

> > //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> > Follow ThinList on Twitter
> > http://twitter.com/thinlist
> > Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> > http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
> > Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> > http://thinlist.net/mobile

Follow ThinList on Twitter