[THIN] Re: Streaming MYOB

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:07:00 +1000

Happy to help James. It will be a good experience for my staff to run this up,
so we'll be helping
each other in the long run. Since I've done quite a few of these, I'll oversee
it and we'll see what
we can come up with. Give us a few days to contruct the environment, test etc,
and I'll get back
to you ASAP.

Cheers
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

Quoting James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Warren, I woudl be eternally grateful!!!
>

> Its Windows 2003 Standard SP2
> XenApp 5.0 (4.5 Fp1 or whatever it is) Enterprise
>
> Profiler 1.2
>
> Myob Premier 12
>

> I can get it to profile successfully and to stream it to other
> servers, and launching it with RADERUN or even publishign and running
> so far works fine, however upon trying to get the application to open
> a MYOB database we get "initilisation error" . WHen profiled "relaxed
> security" was used (after full security) to no avail...
>

> Naturally without isolating/profiling the program it works fine.
>
> I am thinking its a simple rule somewhere that i just need to relax
> to allow the program OUT to access its database files. . but not
> quite sure what to set?
>

> Interestingly enough I cant access the 'clearwater' database
> contained within the profile either, still comes up with the same
> message.
>

> Your help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thank you
>

> James
>
> scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:39:34 +1000
> > From: caditc@xxxxxxxxxx
> > To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [THIN] Re: Streaming MYOB
> >
> > Hi James
> >
> > Let me know the environment you are running under (OS etc) and I'll
> get one of my staff to run
> > up a test in our big in-house sand pit. We have many clients that
> run MYOB 12 and we
> > successfully stream it. Just let me know what the environment is
> and I'll be happy to provide our
> > install docs. Unlike those other Aussie integrators, we solve
> things ourselves instead of waiting
> > for Citrix support to solve our problems.
> > --
> > Warren Simondson
> >
> > Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
> >
> > Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au
> >

> > Quoting James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> > > Has anyone had any luck streaming (to server) MYOB Premier
> version
> > > 12?
> > >
> > > We have configured it for streaming and it is crashing / halting
> the
> > > streaming when it gets to the clearwater database file?

> > //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> > Follow ThinList on Twitter
> > http://twitter.com/thinlist
> > Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> > http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
> > Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> > http://thinlist.net/mobile

Follow ThinList on Twitter