[THIN] Re: Streaming IE6 or IE8

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 18:17:02 -0700

Take a look at Unibrows from Browsium.

Joe

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 4:35 PM
To: Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Streaming IE6 or IE8

Thanks for the response Andrew,

I have seen the MS articles and have been doing my research. I havent seen too
much success being reported.

I have seen a Citrix blog where the chap noted he couldnt get IE8 to stream
(Citrix streaming) as well.

Typically we have 3 apps that rely on IE6 and are used by the bulk of the
estate (a few thousand users) and we cant move to IE8 as the applications need
updating ... but typically each time we get a new version of the apps ... they
have bugs galore ... we cant move forward as a result. We have been promised
fixes in 3 months or so... arrrrgh

Cant Load manage group / silo our way out of the issue as this would involve a
rather large sum of money for a short period of time.

Anyone else had any joy ?

Thanks

From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Dec 1, 2010 22:00
Subject: [THIN] Streaming IE6 or IE8
To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

PS 4.5 / XA 5 Server 2003x86 or x64

Has anyone managed to Stream IE6 or IE8 ?
or are people using App-v ?

Thanks :¬)