[THIN] Strange printing behaviour after SP3 installation

  • From: "peter.hegg" <peter.hegg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ThinNet Techforum" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:52:45 +0200

This story goes on......

We installed Q328020 on the Ctx Servers and are now able to print PDF files.
But still we have problems with some network attached printers. Outlook 2000
and also Excel 2000 as well as Acrobat Reader sometimes cannot see any
printers. The message "No default printer defined" pops up, but the printer
folder shows all available network printers. When changing some of the
properties of the printer and applying the changes, the printer can suddenly be
seen in the application. There are several printers concerned (HP LJ 5, 5si,
2100TN, HP DJ 895 cxi). We installed the drivers that were delivered with
windows 2000 on the printserver and then copied the drivers to the terminal
server (auto replication in CMC).

Does anybody have some more hints? Is it absolutely necessary to install
SP3/Q328020 on both the Terminal Servers and the dedicated Print server?

Your help is very much appreciated...

Regards

Peter

From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:44:32 +1000

Hi,

Q238020 isn't just for client autocreated printing. SP3 can break all
network share-based printing.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack