[THIN] Squid Proxy and Citrix Web Interface / CSG

  • From: "Stephen Rogers" <stephen.rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 13:04:36 +0100

Hi,

We are having big problems with random disconnects when users are
connecting via a Squid Proxy.

Users can connect to our Published Applications no problems, however
users are randomly kicked out, this can happen after a minute of after
an hour, there is no real pattern to it.

The situation was fine up until one of our local authorities decided to
switch their Internet provider from British Telecom to another supplier
who use open source Squid proxies.

Our configuration uses Web Interface version 3, Citrix Secure Gateway
Version 2 , Presentation Server 4, we have clients connecting in a
number of ways and as I say everything was working fine and still is for
users coming in using other proxies and broadband links etc., it is only
the users coming through the Squid.

All clients are connecting via port 443

I have checked out the Citrix forums and also the Squid proxy users
mailing list but to no avail, I have made some modifications to the
template.ica file but these have made little or no difference.

The Citrix document connecting to Citrix through Proxy Servers states
that using CSG should allow connections via Squid which it does however
there are no mentions of the disconnections which are becoming rather
annoying for our users and me.

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with Squid proxies at all
??

Any help, advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve