[THIN] Re: Speech

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Are you running Office XP on the box?

If so, you might want to read this KBase Article

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 326526
HOW TO: Turn Off the Speech Recognition and
Handwriting
Recognition Features in Office XP

-MURPHY
Murphy Consulting

--- "Shawn R. Beairsto" <sbeairst@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Somehow, one of my users managed to get his session
> talking to him.  Every keystroke he makes results in
> his session speaking the letter he just pressed.
> This is on Win 2000 SP2, MF 1.8. He said he pressed
> a few keys, a box came up and he just hit enter.
> (Aren't users great???) Hadn't seen this issue
> mentioned before... can't seem to get to thethin.net
> right now either.  Anyone have a clue?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Shawn Beairsto
> Network Administrator
> Data Kinetics Ltd.
> http://www.dkl.com <http://www.dkl.com/>

> This Week's Sponsor - ThinPrint
> Simply the best print solution for
> Microsoft Terminal Services
> and Citrix Metaframe.
> http://www.thinprint.com/

> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."