[THIN] Re: Speaking of VM...

  • From: "Tom Howarth" <tom.howarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:09:40 +0100

in a word yes, but it is a fairly steep learning curve.  as it has the look
and feel of UNIX.  that said you can do the majority of admin tasks via
their web based admin tool.  I have have just installed a two node DL380
dual proc/dual core server attached to a MSA1000.  it is currently hosting
six servers at more that adequate speed (ie. no users complaints;-D) and
both nodes are not even breathing heavy never mind sweating.

In my humble opinion it rocks

On 22/06/06, Roger Riggins <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does ESX blow away the other VMWare versions in performance? I've installed VMWare Workstation just to test it and it's slower than molasses. Of course I don't have any training and haven't wrenched on it a whole lot, but the VMs truly are slow, especially if I try to get more than two running. I have it running on newer server hardware. :/

Thanks,

Roger Riggins
Network Administrator
Lutheran Services in Iowa