[THIN] Sound Redirection on R2

  • From: Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:12:55 +0000

Hi all,

The issue that we are facing is that redirected sound doesn’t come through.

I can login to the server using either ICA or RDP and see a mapped sound
device, but can’t play audio. This works fine using either the DirectSound
or WinAPI under Windows 2008 R1 / XenApp 5.0

I’ve checked off that everything is configured correctly under Remote
Desktop Session Host Configuration, in the client, and that Windows Audio
and associated services are started. When starting an application, it can
enumerate the API, so it can find the sound devices, but can’t enumerate the
sound devices themselves. So it can’t query them for driver or other
information.

Given that both ICA and RDP are broken, I’m running with a MS problem.
Anyone seen anything like this before?

Berny