From: Jim Strowe [mailto:jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 March 2003 12:26
To: Mack, Rick
Cc: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: thin Digest V2 #139

Vendor did use change user/install but I agree with you it's something
missing.  No I get data from filemon, the main problem is way too much data.
I don't get the filter syntax and each time I try I filter too much.  The
other issue is I don't know what I want to filter out.

I'm calling in my local VAR since it's now 7:25 and I'm going to have a
miserable day since my help desk front end does not screen calls well and
all users affected will be oblivious to the items that DO work right.

        #1:     From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [THIN] Re: New version of HR perspective doesn't
work except

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:09:25 +1100
Subject: [THIN] Re: New version of HR perspective doesn't work except for

Hi,

If filemon isn't showing you anything, i.e. no file not found or access
denied (you CAN set filters), then you're probably looking at a DLL issue,
either where a DLL isn't registered globally, or where the DLL isn't being
found in a non-admin user's search path (was change user /install mode
used?).

Also had an issue recently where an application failed for some users
because of their default printer. Basically the app died after loading a
particular printer driver DLL. Had to set the filemon filter on both the app
AND explorer.exe to get that one.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack