[THIN] Slow Connection Issue

  • From: David_Bradshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:16:15 -0500

All,

I am looking for some ideas on an issue one of our sites is
experiencing.  We have a central sql server data store with a dedicated
data collector for our corporate location.  At one of our remote
locations which is a separate zone with a data collector we are
experiencing some issues connecting to either published apps or directly
to the server.  Sometimes it connects instantaneously and other times it
takes a couple of minutes to finally bring up a login screen.  All
clients are version 6+.  There is a mix of winterms and desktops and it
occurs on the local LAN as well as across the WAN.  Other published apps
at Corporate connect fine.  This is a Windows 2000 Metaframe XPa, FR2
farm.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DavidB