[THIN] Re: Short question (Streched Cluster Support in W2K3 Enterprise Edition ?)

  • From: "Daniel Schoppmann" <dschoppmann@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:03:31 +0200

Thank U, Ron, Jon and Chris for your discussion so far

The guys from Veritas also introduced to us the Replica Solution.
But we have a dark fibre (2GBit) between our Datacenters and SAN is
available in both places.
So isn't it better to build a mirror with the Veritas Volume Manager.
Of Course their told us about some Problems that might occour, that are ony
solved in the new Veritas Cluster Server 4.1
Has anyone used or using a streched Veritas Cluster ? What are
recommendations ?
Seems to me that Replica Solution is best when you doesn't have a fast
connection between the two Data Centers, isn't it?

Ciao, Daniel

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
Behalf

That is very true.  It's not really recommended, but you have the =
option.
It would be a much better solution to have a SAN or NAS in two =
locations,
have two nodes per cluster and replicate the data between the shared
storage.  That would give you full redundancy (service level, and site =
level
for DR).

Chris=20
Starting at $199!