[THIN] Re: Sessions timing out even after changing settings

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:01:54 -0700

Looks like your ISDN drops connection, not Citrix.
Check if you have this issue via something else - dial-up for example.

ALEX

From: "Les DeFoor" <k9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Sessions timing out even after changing settings
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:26:23 -0700

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to the list, not new to citrix, but far from an expert :)

I am having some strange things happen to some of my sessions. Let me try to explain what is going on and see if I can get any input. Thanks

I have a Windows 2000 Server and a Windows 2000 Citrix Server. Clients are Fat clients with the current Citrix Client running. Each client is using a Full Desktop not a published app or farm. Remote offices are coming in from a ISDN and I do have a couple clients that DO NOT get disconnected at all.

On the local network, users are logging in and staying connected just fine. When a user that is a local network users, travels to a remote office and logs in, they get disconnected after about 5 minutes. They can be in a program or not in a program. It doesn't happen to ALL of the remote users, only some of them.

For example ME :) My local connection works just fine. I use a laptop at the office and can leave it connected all day long without a problem. I bring that same laptop home, same client everything and connect, I get disconnected after about 5-10 minutes, in a program or not. OH, when I sayin a program or not, I am not saying I am ACTIVELY pushing keys or moving the mouse. Just sitting in the program.

My current settings in the Citrix Connection Configuration, everything is set to inherit user config.

In ALL of my users, they are set this way under the Session tab:
End disconnect session after 5 minutes
Active Session limit: Never
Idle Session Limit:  3 hours
When session limit is reached : reset
Allow reconnection from any client

All of the users are this way, I have checked each one.

I would really apreciate ANY help on this. Thanks everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------ Get your own free Webmail at http://thethin.net/webmail.cfm

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com. Hundreds of choices. It's free! http://www.bigmailbox.com ---------------------------------------------------------------------