[THIN] Re: Session Freezes When "Send To > Mail Recipient"

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:45:44 +0800

We had a problem like this with groupwise.  We resolved it by disabling
Speedscreen

HTH
MK

Mark Calleja
Network Systems Coordinator
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary,
and those who don't"

>>> Shane.Rees@xxxxxxxxxx 13/10/2005 11:27 am >>>
Hi All - we have had a problem surface on a few of our Citrix servers
since a recent Presentation Server 4 upgrade, whereby user sessions
completely freeze after selecting "Send To > Mail Recipient" from the
context menu within Windows Explorer.  It does not matter what size/type
of file is being sent, and the problem occurs under a local admin account
as well.  The entire Citrix session freezes, and only comes to life again
by killing the explorer.exe process.  Microsoft Outlook 2000 is used, and
is set to default email client.  Windows 2000 server + SP4 + Presentation
Server 4.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Shane Rees
Systems Engineer

Server Management
Network & Infrastructure Support
Mincom Managed Services
Level 6, 193 Turbot Street,
Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
Phone +61 (0) 7 3303 3955
Fax +61 (0) 7 3364 9777
http://www.mincom.com

Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.

delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.

Interact Connection 2005
<a
href="http://www.mincom.com/company/events/info/358_interact_connection_.asp?lEventId=358
 ">Register now</a> to confirm your place at one of the Mincom Australian User
Forums during November!

This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC