[THIN] Re: Servers gradually grind to a halt

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:20:16 -0700

So you're running PS3 With Rollup 5 on a PS4 DS?  That's your problem.  You
need to be running PS3 with SP2005.04 install instead of R05.

Joe

On 9/26/06, Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This one is driving me mad.

Since rebuilding my farm from scratch to downgrade from PS4 to PS3 (don't
ask - lots of pain there) - my W2K3 SP1, PS3 + hotfix rollup 05 servers
regularly (but one or two at a time) grind to a halt. The first sign is
that
the list of users stops refreshing from a local or remote server,
eventually
going blank. Once this happens the server in question will open apps
normally at the console but things like Task Manager do not run. The IMA
service cannot be stopped or restarted and just ignores attempts to do
either. Nothing is logged in any event log. The only way to restore normal
service is to physically depower the machine.

As you can imagine, I'm tearing my hair out over this and my users are
having a spirited attempt to help.

Can anyone suggest pointers or troubleshooting steps I can follow?