[THIN] Re: Servers gradually grind to a halt

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:35:47 -0400

I'm not sure what your saying there.

Your DS will be automatically upgraded once a PS4 box is introduced to the
farm.  Outside of doing a restore to the DS, there is no way of downgrading
the DS if you remove the server.

If your going to run a mixed version environment, it is best practice to
have a zone for each version.  So if your farm is PS3 and PS4 (assuming PS3
is NOT running SP1), then you'd have a zone for PS3 and a zone for PS4.  A
zone REQUIRES a ZDC so if you have a PS4 zone, you have a PS4 ZDC for that
zone.  There are too many issues with mixing a single zone with multiple
versions.  this comes from cold, hard experience.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 9/26/06, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So - ok to upgrade your DS to PS4, but not have at least 1 ZDCs/Connection server on PS4?