[THIN] Re: Server won't shutdown, & you can't logoff

Just a follow up in case anyone cares to know -
Backdoor.Sdbot.D was the culprit - they weren't
running antivirus, and the Trend Micro webscan failed
to detect it.

And as a side note, Symantec NAV Server 8 won't
install unless you have a C: drive.

--- Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone ever seen this?
>
> Win2K TSE w/SP3 - for whatever reason, you can no
> longer do a shutdown. Even an application
> installation
> or system change that prompts to restart fails
> to do a shutdown. You cannot logoff from the server
> console either. No errors in the event log, no error
> popups - just nothing happens, and you can
> continue working and launching things, like Task
> Manager, which you normally can't do when a shutdown
> has been initiated. I've killed all running services
> and processes - still just nothing.
>
> Any thoughts?

http://calendar.yahoo.com
This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/