[THIN] Re: Server spec's

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:15:43 +0100

You think it’s a bad idea ?

Also trying to spec the servers

HP DL 360 G6 or G7

G6 supports 4 quad core processors and G7 supports 2 quad or 6 cores

Would the G7 with two 6 core processors be fine with 12 GB of ram going forward.

Or should I spec 4 by 4 cores on a G6 with 12 GB ? as these would match the two
most powerful servers we have in the farm?

As I say need to future proof for upgrades to XenApp 6 on 2008 next year some
time.