[THIN] Re: Server capabilities

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:10:04 +1000

Hi Evan,

With 2003 and some sort of CPU throttling (eg Threadmaster, Allssense,
Armtech etc) the limitting factor on the machines will be memory. For 40+
users, you'd be comfortable with about 2.5-3 GB if you're running apps like
the 6.2 SAP GUI as well. Pure Office and you could get away with 2 GB.
Either that or add a product like Tscale to prune down the per-user memory
footprint so you can get more users with less memory.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx