[THIN] Re: Server Replication

Nick,

I never actually done this, but I think Thomas' way sounds pretty slick...

http://www.thomaskoetzing.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=207&Itemid=262

Tony

"Angus Macdonald" <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/02/2007 05:27 AM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: Server Replication

For our Citrix deployment we always build a first server and test it to
death. Once we're happy, we either use RAID mirroring to replicate the
contents of the hard drive to the other servers (break the mirror, move
one drive to another server, use that to rebuild its' own RAID array,
rinse and repeat) or, thanks to some troublesomely intelligent RAID
controllers on recent Dell servers, use Symantec Ghost to take an image of
the hard drive and restore it to the new servers.

Once the image is restored, take the server off the network before
starting it up. Login and run a SID-changing utility (like newsid) before
renaming the server, giving it a new IP address and tweaking the Citrix
DSN.

That's always worked for us.