[THIN] Re: Server Hardware Requirements

  • From: Jones Matt <JonesM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:06:35 -0000

This isn't going to help alot, but it completely depends on what you are
going to try and make these servers do.

I wouldn't put any of these servers on less than a PII 350 with 256Mb ram.
This will run the software in all cases. If the DC is only doing that job,
then this spec will probably do fine.

The citrix servers are (obviously) going to need more hardware than this. We
run Dual PIV 1.8 with 2Gb RAM, and this is good for over 40 users. If we
doubled the RAM, we could probably get more like 60+

I don't know an awful lot about Nfuse Elite, but if it is just generating
and publishing webpages, the required spec shouldn't be too high - depending
of course on the number of concurrent users.

Basically, it is an impossible question to answer successfully without
knowing what stress you are going to put these servers under, but I hope
this has given you some idea.

Cheers
Matt