[THIN] Re: Server Cluster Node shut down procedure

  • From: "Nagarajan Haridas" <nagarajan.haridas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:13:27 +0530

Berny

I have SQL Cluster Active / Passive. At a time only one node will be active
in Cluster Resource groups.

So as per your suggestion

1.       I need to take all the resources in Cluster as OFFLINE

2.       Then shutdown the 2 servers (Nodes)

3.       Start the servers ( Nodes )

4.       Take all resources in Cluster as ONLINE

Please confirm the above steps are correct or not. Also do we need to do
anything with Cluster Service on nodes before shutting down ?

Thanks

Nagarajan

Disclaimer

"This message is not an official communication of SLK Software.  The sender
of this message is neither acting as an agent nor in any other capacity for
or on behalf of SLK Software.  SLK Software accepts no responsibility or
liability in connection with the posting of this message."

  _____