[THIN] Re: Securing MFXP

  • From: "Marc-Andre Lapierre" <malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:04:06 -0400

OK you are right... but I mean, I do not validate the identity of the
connecting client like I would do with a token. I know that a private cert is
not trustable unless you use it internally. I was replying to the ". It's only
validating the end point you're connecting too.  CSG is not validating you with
the cert, you are validating it..." of joe sonk. All your points are good and I
fully agree with you. But I still think that you rely only with a simple
username password solution. Anyway, in most cases, that's enough.

  _____