[THIN] Re: Securing MFXP

  • From: "Marc-Andre Lapierre" <malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:37:37 -0400

For sure this is the best. Actually, I use a combination of CSG + Secure
Computing Safe word for citrix or premiere access. I was just talking
about the situation of ILMS (original post) which include only the use
of Certificate.

But I've got some customer (hospital) that couldn't use a public
certificate since the government does not let them do that. I had to do
it that way + they required two factor authentication and the cheapest
way possible. The combination of a private root + username password met
their needs. It's not the best, I agree.

Another cool solution I use: RadIIS on the WI + a radius server that
holds a second user database. You got to authenticate to the radius
first with a username + a java passcode generator (kind of soft token +
PIN) that change on a daily basis and give you the WI login page then
after you authenticate to your ADS through the WI to get your Ticket and
your icons.

  _____