[THIN] Secure Access implementation

  • From: "Nick Crisp" <ncrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:13:16 +1000

Hi all

I have been asked to redesign our metaframe environment to make use of
Secure Access Manager

Currently we are only running one MF server in our DMZ running XPa SP1

I have a second Server to run Metaframe on but up until now it has been
a test server

We have just updated our Subscription advantage to allow for all the
current stuff

End result desired is to have both MF server behind our second firewall
(with our DB servers) and the web server running Secure Access Mgr

Question is what is the best way to go about this, should I setup a new
farm with everything running on it and then move the existing server, or
should I join the new server to the existing farm and get them both
fully up to speed with SA and then move them behind the 2nd Firewall

I think I'd be better off with the first option but I am concerned about
licence transfers, Data store (currently a local Access DB)

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Thanks Nick

Nick Crisp
MCP VCA

This weeks sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
Designed to facilitate efficient resolution of your technical server-based
questions, issues and incidents, technical support is a few mouse-clicks away:
you submit your incident-specific support requests via our online support
helpdesk, our certified engineers resolve them while you monitor the progress,
and your systems get back to 99.9% up-time in no time.
http://www.99point9.com