[THIN] Re: Script updating ntuser.dat

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:25:43 -0000

I can only suggest checking err.number after the regwrite, to see if there's
an error code logged.

I can't think of any obvious reason why it should fail. The sample syntax
you've given is fine. The only thing to do, now, is proper debugging to see
what's going on / wrong.

Check / output err.number, also consider running regmon whilst the script is
executing.

I could easily recommend alternate means to script this (other languages) -
but to be fair, there's no reason why the approach you've taken shouldn't
work, so it seems more appropriate to try and find out why, rather than
merely suggest an alternate method, simply because there's something not
working with this one.

Neil

recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based
on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of
their contents to any person or organisation; please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure
and may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us
and we will not accept any liability for any such changes,
interceptions or corruptions.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping
with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they
are actually virus free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs
to Littlewoods.

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.
Statements and opinions contained in this e-mail may not
necessarily represent those of Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:
Littlewoods Retail Limited,
Sir John Moores Building,
100 Old Hall Street,