[THIN] Re: Scanner under thin client

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:30:44 +1000

Hi Andrew,

High end Konica and Fiery interface multi-function printers support
network TWAIN which works fine in a TS environment. IBM and Lexmark
printers that support the multi-finction (scanner/photocopy/fax) option
do ftp of scans to nominated user directories. Xerox
printers/photocopiers support email etc of scans. Axis has a network
scanner server and there are a bunch of other products that work.

But can I use an el cheapo USB scanner on a thin client. Generally the
answer will be no.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack