Fra: Niclas [mailto:murklan74@xxxxxxxxx]
Sendt: 14. desember 2004 15:26
Til: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Emne: [THIN] Selecting default printer

Hi,

I know that this question has been up before but so far I haven?t found a
sufficient answer when searching through various forums and the thinlist
archive.

We are using MetaFrame XPe FR2 (SP3) on top of Windows 2000 with SP2 and
appropriate hotfixes.

We have users that need to be able to set their default printer in the Terminal
services environment. The most preferable solution for us would be to publish
the printers folder and we have also tried that with good results however we
don?t want them to be able to see the add printer wizard or at least not be
allowed to run the add printer wizard.

Is there a way to remove/hide the add wizard via GPO or similar?

Or is there even a separate application, a modified verison of the printers
folder that we can publish that will accomplish the same thing, which is
letting them chose which printer they want as their default and nothing else?

This is starting to be a real problem for us since we have a few applications
that wont let You chose which printer You want to print from but rather assumes
You want printouts on Your default printer.

Thanks in advance

 Niclas

http://mail.yahoo.com