[THIN] Re: SV: Selecting default printer

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:25:12 -0500

Personally I don't think mapping printers by OU is a great idea. It
would all depend on your OU structure but in our case I often have many
users in an OU and they often only want maybe one or two printers.

I map printers by group. Anyone in the P-HPLJ5SI gets that printer.
Group has location and printer description. Add as many P- groups as you
want to get all your printers...if you remote them from the P- groups
next logon removes the printer.

It does not set the default printer the user has to do that...or go with
the default which sets the first printer mapped as the default printer.
Once the user sets the default printer it stays set.

I wrote this script in WSH JavaScript.

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA
Network Administrator