[THIN] Re: SV: (OT)Advice to buy new server

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:54:37 -0500

I have always felt like there was a lot of ebb and flow between Dell
and HP/Compaq as to who makes things better or has better support.
Somtimes Dell is better, sometimes HP.

We only buy IBM here.  They may not be number one in all areas but
they stay consistent with what they do.  Thier support has been good
to us for many years.  We had an ancient netfinity 3000 start acting
goofy a while back.  I called IBM with the messages and behavior we
were seeing.  An hour later there was an IBM tech at my door with a
new motherboard under his arm.  He replaced the motherboard, ran a
diagnostic, and the server was good as new.  Took him 30 minutes tops
frorm the time he arrived.

Greg

http://www.seamlessplanet.com