[THIN] Re: SQL

  • From: Kevin Lawson <kevin.lawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:09:33 +0000

We use SQL on one of our Citrix servers.  However the only Citrix published
application on the box is one which views olap cubes, the sql databases
(which update the olap) are updated overnight when no users are logged on.
To facilitate ad hoc reporting from the sql databases we replicate the
database to another server.  The odd times we have run something during the
day against the SQL has caused us enough cpu contention problems to avoid it
in future.

Cheers

Kevin Lawson