[THIN] Re: SP4 rollup 1

  • From: ecrabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:07:46 -0400

Correct - and for me there was only one recourse at this time and that was
to uninstall the rollup.

Eileen Crabtree
Systems Administrator
Guardian Industries Corp.

             Jeff Pitsch
             <jepitsch@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: SP4 rollup 1
             08/30/2005 12:56
             PM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The patch is for MFXP SP4.  All new citrix patches are only being released
for SP4.  I'd be willing to bet your not at SP4 adn that's why it wouldn't
install.

Jeff

On 8/30/05, ecrabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxx <ecrabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  When I applied the rollup the blue screen was not limited to W2K clients.
  We got the blue screen with random clients.  I saw that the processor was

  pegged.  I tried to apply the Citrix patch but it would not install.
  Finally gave up and removed the rollup and all of my servers are not
  running as they were.  In my opinion the rollup just is not worth the
  hassle.

  Eileen Crabtree
  Systems Administrator
  Guardian Industries Corp.

              Adam.Baum@cityofm
              esa.org

              thin-bounce@freel         thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ists.org                                                   cc

                                                                    Subject

              08/30/2005 12:34          [THIN] SP4 rollup 1
              PM

              Please respond to
              thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  All,

  I have a server running W2K SP4 with the rollup.  I was experiencing the
  main problem that others have spoken of so I applied the Citrix rollup.
  The only problem I have left is that W2K clients get the blue screen.
  All
  others work fine.  Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

  adam

  This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
  You need Day Zero Protection!
  Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
  Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
  http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2

  This communication may contain information that is legally privileged,
  confidential, or exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
  recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
  is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error
  please notify the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete
  this message from your computer. Thank you.

  This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
  You need Day Zero Protection!
  Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
  Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
  http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2
(See attached file: attgcsmv.dat)