[THIN] Re: SP1 Upgrade Problems

  • From: Tom Howarth <tom.howarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:16:04 -0000

Try

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX107504

as a starting point.

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jay Moock
Sent: 13 January 2006 14:56
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] SP1 Upgrade Problems

After upgrading my last Win2k3 server (out if 10 total) to SP1 (servers run
MPS 3.0 with HRP04) it now throws the following errors shortly after booting
and then reboots.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   USER32
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1074
Date:           1/13/2006
Time:           7:26:54 AM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:       LRTS03
The process winlogon.exe has initiated the restart of computer LRTS03 on
behalf of user  for the following reason: No title for this reason could be
found
 Reason Code: 0x50006
 Shutdown Type: restart
 Comment: The system process 'M:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe' terminated
unexpectedly with status code -1073741819.  The system will now shut down
and restart.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID:       1000
Date:           1/13/2006
Time:           7:31:17 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       LRTS03
Faulting application lsass.exe, version 5.2.3790.0, faulting module
samsrv.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0001061d.

There are several RasMan errors logged after this.

Setting the XML and IMA services to manual startup allows the server to boot
OK.  I cleared the LHC and attempted to restart the IMA service and the same
thing happened.

So, obviously the problem lies with the IMAService, but I have no idea where
to go from here.  The are not IMA related errors in the event log.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay