[THIN] Re: SMA service failure

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:23:25 -0400

I picked this tidbit out of a Patrick Rouse Article on imaging servers on
msterminalservices.org.
After you image a server run the following reg file(copy the below text and
paste it in a text file and name it something .reg and then double click on
it) It has always worked a champ for me. A reboot may be required after
running it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA]
"ServerHost"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\RUNTIME]
"PSRequired"=dword:00000001
"ZoneName"=""
"HostName"=""
"HostId"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IMAService]
"Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Citrix SMA Service]
"Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CitrixWMIService]
"Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cpsvc]
"Start"=dword:00000004

This starts and sets the services proper and the sma service should start.
(If it does the reverse and stops them run it again.)
Regards,

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig