[THIN] Re: SATA drives

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:23:36 -0500

I donât claim to be a HDD expert, but the MTBF is less on SATA drives, even
SATAII. They also spec the MTBF for SATA based on 80% duty cycle vs 100% duty
cycle for SCSI. On the manufacturerâs websites youâll notice that they
target SATA for consumers and low-end servers that should be accessed less
frequently, like for archive.

Roger Riggins
Network Administrator
Lutheran Services in Iowa